2011 had its share of hits, misses, surprise hits and obvious flops as usual at the box office.
2012 will be no different.
Noted astro-numerologist Bhavikk Sangghvi predicts the ‘Fate of Bollywood Movies’ in the coming year.
1) Players: (Releasing on 6th January 2012. Verdict: Semi-Hit):- The title of the film adds up to Number 23 – this octave of Number 5 is a very fortunate number. It indicates success, help from superiors and protection from those in high places. One of the most luckiest numbers in dealing with future events. The year 2012 is adding up to Number 5 (Mercury) and the film title vibrating on the same number will act as a bonus. Off the ensemble cast, Abhishek Bachchan (5th February 1976) being also Number 5 is likely to benefit the highest. But the release date 6th January is a day ruled by Venus – the planet of love, peace and harmony whereas the genre of this movie is an ‘action thriller’. That would restrict the film’s prospects in the long run.
Tip:- Releasing the film a day earlier on 5th January 2012 would be a wise move.
2) Agneepath (Releasing on 26th January 2012. Verdict: Hit):- The title of the film adds up to Number 37 – this octave of Number 1 has a distinct potency of its own. It is a number of good and fortunate friendships in love and in combinations connected with the opposite sex. It is also good for partnerships of all kinds. It is a fortunate indication if it appears in connection with future events. Hitting the screens on a Thursday (Republic Day – National holiday in India), producer Karan Johar has really taken a smart decision and this will only add to the film’s booty. The ‘destiny’ number arrived from lead actor Hrithik Roshan’s date of birth (10th January 1974) is Number 5 and the year 2012 also adding up on the same number will prove advantageous for him and the film as well. Karan is a Gemini (25th May 1972) ruled by Number 5 and so will be laughing all the way to the bank after the release of this film.
Tip:- Comparisons are inevitable and a certain section of the audience/critics would feel that the film hasn’t matched up to the 1990 cult classic starring none other than Amitabh Bachchan.
3) Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu (Releasing on 10th February 2012. Verdict: Hit):- The use of double ‘K’ in the title (numerologically corrected) will work wonders for the film. The title of the film now vibrates on Number 46 – which is a positive octave of Number 1. Running in his 30th year, Imran Khan (13th January 1983) who off late is on a ‘hit’ spree will continue with his lucky streak of giving successful films while Kareena (21st September 1980) being a Virgo (ruler Mercury – Number 5) will be loved and appreciated for her beauty and natural acting. A perfect ‘wedding gift’ for her, indeed !.
Tip:- With two consecutive back-to-back hits, Karan Johar will not only be a richer man but the most enviable producer.
4) Ek Deewana Tha (Releasing on 17th February 2012. Verdict: Flop):- The title of this one sums up to Number 44 (8) which is one of the unluckiest numbers. It indicates gravest warnings for the future and foreshadows disasters brought about by association with others; ruin by speculations, partnerships, unions and bad advice. If it comes out in connection with future events one should carefully consider the path one is treading. Although Prateik (28th November 1986) will be liked for his earnest performance, he will once again fail in delivering a solo hit to his credit.
Tip:- Just in the case of ‘Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu’, the makers should have added an extra ‘K’ in their movie as well i.e. Ekk Deewana Tha.
5) Kahaani (Releasing on 9th March 2012. Verdict: Flop):- The title of this film adds up on Number 16 which is an unlucky number containing warning of some strange fatality awaiting one, also danger of accidents and defeat of one's plans. If it appears as a compound number relating to the future, it is a warning sign that should be carefully noted and plans made in advance in an endeavor to avert its fatalistic tendency. Riding high on success, even Vidya Balan (1st January 1978) won’t be able to save this one. She will receive rave reviews from the audiences and critics alike as usual, but the box office figures will cut a ‘dirty picture’ (pun unintended).
6) Tezz (Releasing on 23rd March 2012. Verdict: Average):- The title of this film adds up to Number 23 – which is a powerful octave of Number 5 representing speed, communication and great memory. The movie revolves around a hijack of a bullet train and thematically, the vibration of the title justifies the plot of the film. The film will take a speedy start but will eventually come to a hault, thanks a not-so-lucky date of release. During this period, the Sun will enter the zodiac of Aries – which is ruled by Number 9 (Mars) – the slowest moving planet in our solar system. Also, the year 2012 would prove not so great for most Number 9 people, names, places etc. and ‘Tezz’ may get derailed (drop in collections) before its final destination (read ‘hit’ tag).
Tip: Besides Ajay Devgn, Anil Kapoor and Kangna Ranaut, even Zayed Khan may give a credible note of himself.
7) Blood Money (Releasing on 23rd March 2012. Verdict: Below average):- The title of this film adds up to Number 27 – a lucky number promising authority, power and command. It indicates that reward will come from the productive intellect. In simple words, persons with this compound number at their back should carry out their own ideas and plans. Alas ! Number 9 (Mars) has a direct clash with Number 5 (Mercury) and despite being a genuine effort by its makers, even the strong worth of mouth may not translate in to good business at the ticket window.
Tip: Despite being a non-success, actor Kunal Khemu (6th July 1983) will tend to gain for putting in his sincere effort.
8) Housefull 2 (Releasing on 5th April 2012. Verdict: Hit):- The title of this one is adding up to Number 48 – which is neither fortunate nor unfortunate. It indicates strong mental faculties of a person. But that person should have the tendencies to put all materials things on one side – not because he has to, but because he wishes to do so. This number can be powerful or indifferent depending upon the will or desire of the person. Although the content of the film will be too mediocre (as expected), some films are just plain ‘lucky’ and this one may fall under that bracket. Plus, the release date of 5th April will work in its favor and make it a perfect summer bonanza for kids and families alike.
Tip: A perfect example of a ‘planned’ hit.
9) Kyaa Super Kool Hai Hum (Releasing on 6th April 2012. Verdict: Hit):- The title of this adult comedy adds up to Number 71 – an octave of Number 8 which often gives extreme results. Content-wise, this one may not be able to recreate the fun element of the first part, but commercially it would earn bigger bucks in comparison to the previous one. Producer Ekta Kapoor’s luck is in top form and this will add one more ‘hit’ film in her kitty.
Tip: Riteish Deshmukh (17th December 1978) will once again walk away with all the praises for his impeccable sense of comic timing.
10) Ferrari Ki Sawaari (Releasing on 27th April 2012. Verdict: Average):- The title of this solo Sharman Joshi starrer is vibrating on Number 39 – which at best would give moderate success. Producer Vidhu Vinod Chopra (5th September) is doubly ruled by Number 5 (Mercury – Virgo ) which is great news for him since the year 2012 also belongs to the same number, but the release date of 27th April is all wrong as Number 9 (Mars) can jeopardize his plans.
As a matter of fact, the compound number obtained from this date is also Number 9 and will further create a dent in its business. Sharman will have to be happy only with a ‘pat on the back’ for his superb work.
Tip: Postponing the film by a month would do some damage control.
11) Jannat 2 (Releasing on 27th April 2012. Verdict: Hit):- The title of this sequel adds up to Number 19 – an extremely fortunate and favorable number symbolized as ‘the Sun promising happiness, success, esteem and honor. A very lucky number for future events. If ‘Jannat’ (released in the thick of IPL 2008 ) was a surprise hit, this one will be a sure shot winner.
Tip: When will the Bhatts stop banking on the titles of their past hits in the name of ‘sequels’ when actually there is no connection between the two films ?.
12) Dangerous Ishq (Releasing June 2012. Verdict: Hit):-
13) Talaash (Releasing on 1st June 2012. Verdict: Hit):- Rani is ruled by Number 3 ( Jupiter ), Number 9 ( Aries ) and Number 4 ( Uranus ). She also a cusp of Pisces ( Number 3 – ruler Jupiter ). After a spate of unsuccessful films and personal life also not in order, 2011 is the year for Rani to bounce back and how ?. She will deliver a ‘hit’ in ‘No One Killed Jessica’ in the beginning of the year and then post March, when she will enter her 34th year, she should not wait any longer to walk down the aisle. Her ‘jodi’ with Aditya Chopra is quite good except some for some ego issues which can be sorted out.
14) Rowdy Rathore (Releasing on 15th June 2012. Verdict: Flop):-
15) Teri Meri Kahani (Releasing on 22nd June 2012. Verdict: Flop):-
16) Barfii (Releasing on 2012. Verdict: Hit) :- The ‘khiladi’ Kumar is ruled by Number 9 ( Mars ) and Number 5 ( Mercury ) twice.
Well, 2011 may not turn out to be as exciting for Akki as he would think. His first release ‘Patiala House’ will not get the expected response but ‘thankfully’ ( pun unintended ), the damage will be controlled by ‘Thank You’ which will be his next release. He will score again in ‘Desi Boyz’ but the biggest of them all – ‘Joker’ which is the first 3D film in mainstream cinema should rightfully release only in 2012 for a better response. Ditto in the case of ‘Housefull 2’.
17) Bol Bachchan ( 21st September, 1980 ) :- Bebo is ruled by Number 3 ( Jupiter ) twice and Number 5 ( Mercury – Virgo ). She also has a cusp of Libra ( Number 6 – Venus ). She will be ‘in the news’ for all the right reasons, especially in the last quarter of 2011. Even marriage around that time is possible. She may not gain much from ‘Ra.One’ but in ‘Agent Vinod’ she will prove her mettle one more time.
18) Ek Tha Tiger ( 13th January 1983 ) :- Imran is directly ruled by Number 4 ( Uranus ) and Number 8 ( Saturn – Capricorn ) twice. He can’t have a better start to the year than marrying his long time girl friend in the beginning of the year itself. That will infact prove ‘lucky’ as he will bring ‘lady luck’ with him in his 29th year. His next release with Katrina Kaif, ‘Mere Brother Ki Dulhan’ will do pretty well and even his work in ‘Delhi Belly’ will be highly appreciated.
19) Joker ( 18th July 1982 ) :- Priyanks is ruled by Number 9 ( Mars ) twice and Numbers 2 and 7 ( Moon and Neptune – Cancer ). The year would start on a great note for her with the kind of praises she would get for her act in ‘Saat Khoon Maaf’. After that, she will strike gold with ‘Don 2 – The Chase begins’ in the end of year, but between that, she could bump in to someone ‘interesting’ to think about as her ‘life partner’. All the best, gal ! Wearing an Emerald would speed up the process.
20) Raaz 3 ( 23rd March 1986 ) : - She is ruled by Number 5 ( Mercury ) twice and alo Number 9 ( Mars – Aries ). The coming year will be good enough for Kangna. All her films may not do exceptionally well, but her work will be mostly applauded, be it ‘Game’, ‘Tanu Weds Manu’, ‘Dhamaal 2’, ‘Rascals’ or ‘Power’. Wearing a ‘Red Coral’ would help stop any delays in her life ‘whatsoever’.
21) Heroine ( 5th January 1986 ) : Deepika is ruled by Number 5 ( Mercury ), Number 8 ( Saturn – Capricorn ) and Number 3 ( Jupiter ). The coming year will be a case of ‘mixed bag’ for Deepika. Her relationship with Siddhartha Mallya can suffer and she may encounter health problems because of that. On the film front, her film ‘Desi Boyz’ will do good business and she will back in the reckoning especially after her last few films not performing that well.